I’m a research-oriented software engineer. I write code, analyze data, read latest research pieces and communicate my thoughts online/offline. My goal is to establish an AI-based datacenter in Africa.
I received my Master’s in Computer Science and Engineering from University of Connecticut. My thesis title was Integrative Analysis of Heterogeneous Genomics Data for Triple-Negative Breast Cancer and High Grade Serous Ovarian Cancer (online access here). During that time, I also received a graduate certificate in college instruction from UConn Neag School of Education. Before UConn, I received my Bachelor’s in Computer Science from Assiut University in Egypt. You can download my CV here.
- June 2017: My article: Cancer: from biology to computer science appeared in the printed version of ACM XRDS magazine. here
- March 2017: I will present my paper: Project-based Learning In A Probabilistic Analysis Course In The CS Curriculum at IEEE Integrated STEM Education (ISEC’17) in Princeton, New Jersey.
- January 2017: I will participate in NCBI Hackathon in Washington, DC. update: I contributed to MeSHgram project. The source code is available on GitHub.
- Novmeber 2016: I will defend my Master’s thesis at UConn on Wednesday, November 30th. More info can be found here
- October 2016: My blog post Cancer: From Biology to Computer Science will appear in the printed version of ACM XRDS magazine.
- September 2016: My paper: xGame: A Novel Approach for Developing Accessible Mobile Games. was presented by Aly Moanes in The 15th International Conference on Intelligent Software Methodologies, Tools and Techniques, Larnaca, Cyprus. link
- June 2016: My blog post Is your research reproducible? will appear in the printed version of ACM XRDS magazine for the summer issue
- April 2016: I will give a talk at Docker Boston meetup about AlgoRun. update: Watch the talk here
- March 2016: My paper: AlgoRun, a Docker-based packaging system for platform- agnostic implemented algorithms is published on Bioinformatics. link
- January 2016: I was awarded the UConn Graduate Student Intern of the Year Honorable Mention, University of Connecticut, USA. link