I was born and raised in Upper Egypt. Since there is no major events in my life before high school, I will just skip this part. I graduated high school in 2009, and was ranked first on class all over Egypt in the math section. Perhaps, it was the most important pivot in my life when I realized that I can actually succeed at something. Watch my interview with Mona Al-Shazly on her popular TV show at that time. In addition to receiving multiple awards from different organizations (Coca-Cola Education Award, Assiut Governorate shield, Assiut Municipal Council shield, Teachers Association in Assiut shield), I was awarded a trip to Europe. That was an eye-opener for me to start a new term in my life.
I joined a four-year Computer Science undergraduate program at Assiut University. In my junior year, I volunteered for Microsoft Egypt for different programs (Microsoft Student Partners, YouthSpark, Microsoft Tech Clubs). I also got an opportunity to intern at ITWorx Egypt as a software engineer. It was a journey of hard work, success, fun and sometimes disappointment. College life has added too much value to my life, aside from the knowledge learned itself.
After working as a Teaching Assistant in the same school for a year, I travelled to the US to get a Master’s in Computer Science and Engineering. During the two-year study, I had the opportunity to work as a Research Assistant for three different advisors in diverse research projects. I also worked as a part-time Teaching Assistant for junior-level classes in the computer science department. Since I chose to carry out research during that time (and I really enjoyed it), I’m planning to get a PhD at some point in my career.
More about me? download my CV and get connected on social media.
Honors and Awards
- 2015: UConn Graduate Student Intern of the Year Honorable Mention, University of Connecticut, USA
- 2013: One of Top 10 Debaters Medal and Award, 2nd International Universities Arabic Debating Championship, Al Doha, Qatar
- 2010: One of Top 10 Math Competitors, AUC Math Competition, Cairo, Egypt.
- 2009: Coca-Cola Education Award, Assiut Governorate shield, Assiut Municipal Council shield, Teachers Association in Assiut shield
- Feb. 2016 - Present: Webmaster at IEEE Connecticut Section
- November 2013: Team Coach at ACM Arab Collegiate Programming Contest (ACPC), Egypt
- Aug. 2012 - May 2013: Microsoft YouthSpark Leader, Microsoft Citizenship, Egypt
- Jan. 2011 - May 2013: Microsoft Student Partner at Microsoft Egypt
- Aug. 2011 - May 2012: President, Alashanek Ya Balady for Sustainable Development, Assiut Franchise
A student member in IEEE and ACM since 2010
Connect on social media below or email me at email@example.com